With a new portfolio of accords and almost
Maduro and Xi closed the meeting having added a number of new pacts to the more than 500 already accumulated in their bilateral relations.
From agriculture and finance to telecommunications, infrastructure and trade, the two leaders agreed that the door opened by the late
"The financing...doesn't burden our country with unmanageable debt, it is financing backed by a formula of production and supply of barrels of oil that now amounts to some 524,000 barrels a year to
"That means it is an honorable formula that provides financing and development without creating burdensome debts as the old systems did," he said.
The "honorable formula" has put
In evaluating the details of the cooperation plan, Maduro said that the priority areas are led by the energy and natural resources sector, with investments in petroleum, the petrochemical industry and the generation of electricity.
This sector is followed by infrastructure and agriculture - about which Maduro noted that only some 10 percent of
The Venezuelan also hailed the signing of an accord for the construction of a third satellite, a new contribution to "the aerospace race in which, with the aid of
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM