In a statement, the fastest growing bank in the region said its operating profit climbed 43 per cent to Dh475 million while total income soared 41 per cent to Dh676 million as net interest income and non-interest income advanced 40 per cent and 46 per cent, respectively.
Non-Interest Income, a general benchmark indicating the depth of customer relationships, expanded strongly in the first half to Dh183 million, driven primarily by other operating income (Dh80 million) and net fees and commissions (Dh61 million). With non-interest income representing 27 per cent of total income in 2014 first half, the bank's strategic emphasis on building and developing customer relationships continues to reap rewards.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- ISIS Grew Strong as al-Qaida Weakened