The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 127.57 points, or 0.84 percent, from Friday at 15,343.28. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Japanese financial markets were closed Monday for a national holiday.
Major gainers included nonferrous metal, construction and insurance shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid