Although start-ups in
Towards digital economy
With no fewer than forty start-ups qualified to launch their product on the DEMO Africa stage in September this financial year, Yele Okeremi, the
Potentials of software
With global community heading to
To connect African startups
According to Okeremi who is the Chairman, local organizing committee of Demo Africa, the capacity building event will connect African startups to the global technology ecosystem.
"The idea of Demo Africa is to get young Africans who have the capability and technical know-how to perform well but who do not probably have things like business mentorship or funding.
"And so, what the Demo tries to do is to bring the young kids together with investors and mentors and hope that their business or little idea that started small will be taken up to something that will change the world positively" he explained.
Prospects for the startups
"There are very high prospects for the startups. This is because these forty finalists have been selected through many criteria. One is relevant to society. So, it shows clearly that any of the forty finalists could have the opportunity to change the world possibilities.
The Minister for Communication Technology, Dr
"Through innovation, we will put
It would be recalled that
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton