SO PHIL Clarke, Tesco-lifer turned chief exec, is out. Not only is he out, but his big "40 years with the supermarket" party, scheduled for tonight at the V&A, has been put on ice. However, while both the museum and the supermarket were tight-lipped about the details of the doomed soiree, there's no need to feel too bad for Clarke - this Cinderella will go to the ball, eventually.
A spokesperson for Tesco told The Capitalist that Clarke's 40th anniversary party will still happen. Anyone who read this page yesterday will also be aware that someone paid £12k for a one-on-one with the chief executive, at a fundraising ball on Friday. Tesco insists that Clarke will honour his offer - we suppose it just comes down to whether or not the unidentified bidder will still want it.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006