The Central Bank of
This is contained in a report on e-payment transactions released by the apex bank in
According to the report, mobile money transaction values up toN819 million monthly.
The POS transaction increased in volume from less than 2000 in
"Over 150,000 POS terminal is presently across the country and 22 mobile money operators has been licensed," it added.
It added that licensed Payment Terminal Service providers increased from five to 10 to increase POS terminal penetration across the country.
It noted that Nigeria Inter Bank Settlement System (NIBSS) instant Transfer had increased in volume from 87,000 transactions a month in
The report added that NIBSS instant transfer had increased in value from N51 billion monthly from
Commenting on progress made so far with cashless policy since inception, it said that implementation of the first and second phase in
It added that tremendous progress had been made in the use of tokenisation and encryption for electronic transactions, adding that security measures in cards was also enhanced.
It said that the apex bank would continue monitoring and reviewing of the cashless policy and would implement connectivity agreement with NIGCOMSAT.
The report added that effort would also be made to conduct appraisal of the cashless policy implementation and implement incentives schemes for alternative payment channel usage.
The report noted that the efforts were in place to ensure implementation of proposed internet hot spots in the 774 local governments before the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani