ENP Newswire -
Release date- 18072014 -
Kia received International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) in the transportation category for both the GT4 Stinger concept vehicle and 2014 Soul, earning Silver and Bronze honors, respectively. Kia received a Bronze IDEA in 2012 for the Kia Rio sub-compact vehicle design.
As an internationally known assessment of global design, the IDEA recognizes designs that affect quality of life and promise significant economic impact through innovation in categories such as Automotive and Transportation, Design Strategy, Computer Equipment, Environments, and more. The 2014 competition included 2,000 candidates from 39 countries with each entry evaluated for innovation, benefits to the user and client, sustainability and visual appeal.
'These IDEA honors are truly a testament to the abilities of the
The Kia design team, led since 2006 by
About the GT4 Stinger
First introduced at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in
About the 2014 Soul
Instantly recognizable yet thoroughly fresh - with more than a passing nod to the hot Track'ster concept - the 2014 Soul rides on a new chassis that is stiffer, longer and wider than the previous Soul. The Soul's new dimensions allow for more passenger and cargo room while NVH levels have been reduced dramatically. Increased torque and significant suspension upgrades make the 2014 Soul a nimble and agile companion in congested urban environments.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists