The company said that the unaudited gross profit for Middelburg was up 11.14% in the quarter to
Jubilee said that the improvement at Middelburg was driven by the conclusion of the renewal programme of its smelter operations, with growing positive earnings in both May and June.
Jubilee said it had been able to counter the impact on operations caused by the ongoing national strike of mining employees in
It is currently reviewing options to further upgrade its power line infrastructure connecting its power plan to the national grid, to allow an increase of these power sales.
Jubilee is concluding final recipe optimisation test work on platinum-containing material secured for smelting at Middelburg. Smelting trials are scheduled to be concluded over the next five days to establish its optimum chemical additions for the smelting of this material, it said.
Depending on financial parameters, it plans to commence the smelting of this material in the third quarter of the year.
The company said that it is continuing to work closely with
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation