The Chinese smartphone company is working on a ridiculously slim smartphone which is just 5mm thick. The company's Elife S5.5 holds the record for being the thinnest smartphone at 5.5mm.
Chinese certification agency TENAA has published a certification filing for a Gionee phone codenamed GN9005, which is just 5mm thick. It measures 139.8x67.4x5mm and weigh 94.6gram.
Compared to the Elife S5.5, the upcoming phone's hardware specifications are inferior. It sports a 4.8-inch 720x1280p display (the S5.5 has a full-HD one). Unlike the Elife S5.5, which boasts an octa-core processor and 2GB RAM, the phone will be powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. The slim phone will sport an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front-facing camera, and come with a 2050mAh battery. It will support
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy