The Chinese smartphone company is working on a ridiculously slim smartphone which is just 5mm thick. The company's Elife S5.5 holds the record for being the thinnest smartphone at 5.5mm.
Chinese certification agency TENAA has published a certification filing for a Gionee phone codenamed GN9005, which is just 5mm thick. It measures 139.8x67.4x5mm and weigh 94.6gram.
Compared to the Elife S5.5, the upcoming phone's hardware specifications are inferior. It sports a 4.8-inch 720x1280p display (the S5.5 has a full-HD one). Unlike the Elife S5.5, which boasts an octa-core processor and 2GB RAM, the phone will be powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 1GB RAM. The slim phone will sport an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front-facing camera, and come with a 2050mAh battery. It will support
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore