A sensory journey
24 July-3 August; merchantcityfestival.com
How to be happy
The eternal question gets a makeover in a new book by Professor of Behavioural Science Paul Dolan. Paul says lasting contentment is less about how you feel or think, and more about how you act.
Happiness by Design: Finding Pleasure and Purpose in Everyday Life, is published 28 August
A walk in the woods
Go on a woodland walk at the spectacular
until 31 August.
Create a garden city
2-10 August; digthecity.co.uk
Make a comic
One of the country's biggest comic conventions arrives in the north west this weekend, where you can meet comic creators and make your own comics. On the main stage, expect appearances from stars of Red Dwarf and
Game of Thrones.
A mix of 130 established pottery artists and new talent from across the country come together to sell, and show off, their work. Held in the oldest pottery market in the
Go up in a balloon
Watch 120 hot air balloons take to the skies over
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route