The wireless communication system is based on RADs advanced Airmux-5000 Mobility, point-to-multipoint 5GHz radios. A total of 18 stations and 26 trains operating over 18 km of track will be connected and enjoy advanced new services such as surveillance cameras, warning systems, electronic advertising, Wi-Fi connectivity, telecommand channels, and more.
The important differentiators of RAD technology are its level of reliability, availability and coverage over extended distances, notes
RAD delivers Service Assured Networking solutions for mass public transportation networks to enable reliable and efficient communications for wireless broadband mobility and station connectivity, as well as for automation and operations communications of railways, metros, BRTs, and buses. Supporting a wide variety of applications, these solutions ensure resilient communications between control centers, remote installations and fast-moving vehicles.
Since 1981, our customers have relied on RADs expertise in TDM and Carrier Ethernet packet-based technology, as well as in timing synchronization, sub-6GHz radios and advanced SCADA security firewalls to ensure mission-critical communications for video surveillance feeds, voice, telemetry, signaling, and multimedia streams, among others.
With an installed base of more than 12,000,000 units, RAD works closely with worldwide transportation systems, including CFR (Caile Ferate Romane, the Romanian state railway), JBV (Jernbaneverket, the
RAD is a member of the
Visit us at www.rad.com
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World