Because the arms race to design the thinnest smartphone has yet to see a proper victor, Gionee has in store an upcoming Android smartphone, codenamed the GN9005, which reportedly measures 5mm (0.2in) thick; making it the thinnest phone to date.
Despite the thiness, the manufacturers arenít skimping on the features. This device will feature a 4.8-inch 720p AMOLED screen, a slow quad-core 1.2GHz processor and a modest 2,050mAh battery. Expect to also find 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front shooter as well. Gionee has much to boast about, as long as it doesnít get upstaged between now and the GN9005's launch.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?