Because the arms race to design the thinnest smartphone has yet to see a proper victor, Gionee has in store an upcoming Android smartphone, codenamed the GN9005, which reportedly measures 5mm (0.2in) thick; making it the thinnest phone to date.
Despite the thiness, the manufacturers arenít skimping on the features. This device will feature a 4.8-inch 720p AMOLED screen, a slow quad-core 1.2GHz processor and a modest 2,050mAh battery. Expect to also find 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front shooter as well. Gionee has much to boast about, as long as it doesnít get upstaged between now and the GN9005's launch.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal