GCC IPOs represented 90% of all MENA IPOs in H1, with 10 GCC IPOs raising
"The regional IPO market has seen some notable developments in terms of new deals.
Activity was spread broadly across sectors in H1 2014, with IPOs in the healthcare, power and utilities, retail, construction, oil and gas, telecommunications, leisure and tourism and industrial manufacturing sectors.
Regional stock market performance and rise of IPO focused-funds The MENA stock markets have continued the upward momentum from 2013 this year, remaining attractive with average price-to-earnings (PE) of 13.9 at the end of
The number of IPO focused funds in MENA could be on the rise with more IPOs set to enter MENA markets in the next two years, which could bring in greater investment and IPO opportunities. Currently, there are only a handful of IPO-focused funds in MENA. The demand for such funds has increased during the last two years as they offer impressive returns.
Prospects are bright for the second half of 2014 Phil concludes: "In the second half of 2014 we expect the MENA IPO market to remain buoyant with the fundamentals in place for a sustained period of strong and steady IPO activity. With a solid pipeline of IPO-ready businesses across a broad range of geographic markets and from multiple sectors, strong investor confidence and expected "IPO friendly" regulatory and legal reforms in key markets, we expect an uptick of IPOs in the second half of 2014."
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006