Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140623/120688
These products share a distinct commonality not readily apparent to consumers: the process of microbial fermentation, a critical component of industrial biotechnology, a sector of the economy that is rapidly growing.
"The products of microbial fermentation are omnipresent in almost all aspects of our lives," said
The three-day immersion course provides a deep dive into bioreactor operations for microbial fermentations. The hands-on course will explore the application of biological principles to problems involving microbial growth systems. Participants will learn how to strategically plan and analyze experiments by investigating the most current statistical approaches to designing experiments.
The workshop is aimed at professionals who want to keep up with the latest developments, and desire to expand their current knowledge, improve their ability to problem-solve, and contribute to the experimental design process and modeling of bioprocesses within bioreactors. These professionals may have been part of other sectors of the biotech field, but are now seeking new opportunities to apply their skills.
This year's program features Dr.
In addition, participants will be able to make connections to industry through case studies presented by
"Biotech is advancing so rapidly that we're doing things few people could imagine even ten years ago," said Lievense. "This is the most exciting time ever for biotechnology - that is, until the next decade, which will be even more exciting."
Keywords for this news article include: Biotechnology, UC San Diego Extension.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer