Study Data from X. An and Colleagues Update Understanding of Chalcogens (Electrocatalytic oxygen evolution reaction at a FeNi composite on a carbon nanofiber matrix in alkaline media)
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "In this study, we synthesized carbon nanofibers with embedded FeNi composites (FeNi-CNFs) as OER electrocatalysts by a facile route comprising electrospinning and the pyrolysis of a mixture of metal precursors and a polymer solution. FeNi-CNFs demonstrated catalytic activity and stability that were better than that of 20 wt% Ir on Vulcan carbon black in oxidizing water to produce oxygen in an alkaline media."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Physicochemical and electrochemical characterization revealed that Fe and Ni had synergistic roles that enhanced OER activity by the uniform formation and widening of pores in the carbon structure, while the CNF matrix also contributed to the increased stability of the catalyst."
For more information on this research see: Electrocatalytic oxygen evolution reaction at a FeNi composite on a carbon nanofiber matrix in alkaline media.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting X. An, Korea Environm Ind & Technol Inst, Future Environm R&D Off,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel