Studies from PRESTO in the Area of Hydrogen Reported (Synthesis of Open-Cage Ketolactam Derivatives of Fullerene C-60 Encapsulating a Hydrogen Molecule)
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from PRESTO, "Further enlargement of the opening was performed by treatment with trifluoroacetic anhydride to give the tetraketo derivative having a 15-membered ring opening. For H-2-insertion into the cage, the derivative was exposed to a high pressure of H-2. After the encapsulation, the opening size was reduced to the original one while keeping the hydrogen molecule inside the cage."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "This compound can be a possible precursor for endohedral azafullerenes encapsulating a hydrogen molecule."
For more information on this research see: Synthesis of Open-Cage Ketolactam Derivatives of Fullerene C-60 Encapsulating a Hydrogen Molecule. Organic Letters, 2014;16(11):2970-2973. Organic Letters can be contacted at: Amer Chemical Soc,
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from Y. Hashikawa, JST, PRESTO, Kawaguchi,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy