Accreditation is achieved through both self-study and peer review processes. The comprehensive evaluation process began in 2011. The next comprehensive review is scheduled during the 2021-22 academic year.
Barbara Nwacha, associate professor and chair of the
"With a wide variety of offices and administrators supporting the effort, Art and Design Associate Professor
"This is a major accomplishment that should be beneficial to SIUE Art and Design as we continue to attract students who desire the best instruction as they seek to fulfill their creative potential," Nwacha said. "The accreditation process is time intensive but rewarding. The acknowledgement that our programs and facilities meet this high standard is extremely gratifying."
"The best testimonial of the high quality of instruction art and design students receive can be seen every year when those students, both graduate and undergraduate, show on campus their pieces of art on so many different media," Romero said. "Visitors experience a highly professional gallery exhibit."
NASAD has certified the following undergraduate degree programs in
Founded in 1944, NASAD is an association of approximately 323 schools of art and design, primarily at the collegiate level, but also including postsecondary non-degree-granting schools for the visual arts disciplines. It is the national accrediting agency for art and design, and art and design-related disciplines. The Association also provides information to the public. It produces statistical research, provides professional development for leaders of art and design schools, and engages in policy analysis.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140703-4786590 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya