The auction took place last week, but the winner wasn't identified until Wednesday. Draper says he is using a system that has set up trading platforms in emerging markets to circulate the bitcoins.
Unlike most forms of money, bitcoins aren't backed by any government.
The amount Draper paid for the bitcoins isn't being revealed. Their current market value is roughly
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say