Recent Findings by S. Natarajan and Colleagues in Composite Materials Provides New Insights (Application of higher-order structural theory to bending and free vibration analysis of sandwich plates with CNT reinforced composite facesheets)
The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "The in-plane and rotary inertia terms are considered in the formulation. The governing equations obtained using Lagrange's equation of motions are solved for static and dynamic analyses considering a sandwich plate with homogeneous core and CNT reinforced face sheets. The accuracy of the present formulation is tested considering the problems for which solutions are available."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "A detailed numerical study is carried out based on various higher-order models deduced from the present theory to examine the influence of the volume fraction of the CNT, core-to-face sheet thickness and the plate thickness ratio on the global/local response of different sandwich plates."
For more information on this research see: Application of higher-order structural theory to bending and free vibration analysis of sandwich plates with CNT reinforced composite facesheets. Composite Structures, 2014;113():197-207. Composite Structures can be contacted at:
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Natarajan,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth