Peak retail industry body the
ARA Executive Director
"Retailers have been doing it tough after concerns raised following the Federal Budget announcement and after experiencing unexpected warm weather affecting retail trade, retailers need to see some form of light at the end of the tunnel.
"What we need is steady Government support to give retailers a positive boost into the new financial year and as such, the ARA urges the RBA to cut interest rates in August given the struggles retailers have been enduring.
"From the concerns raised following the Federal Budget to low consumer confidence due to unexpected warm weather confirmed through last month's retail trade figures, retailers are feeling the pressure to compete with the flash winter weather.
"Retailers are running out of time with winter stock and flash winter weather will leave retailers anxious. It will be interesting to see how retail trade figures released this week will confirm the hiccups in consumer confidence.
"Interest rates must be lowered to give retailers much deserved support and especially the SME sector,"
CC AutoTriage13cn-140702-30TagarumaMar-4785763 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia