Dell has announced new proactive security solutions designed to provide organisations of all sizes with protection for their valuable data in the face of new and increasingly sophisticated end-user security threats, while continuing to meet employees' expectations for anytime, anywhere productivity and data access. These additions include enhanced security features for Dell Data Protection| Cloud Edition with Dropbox for Business, new products within the industry's most secure commercial PC portfolio, and the world's first commercially available FIPS-140 Level 3 certified commercial PCs with Hardware Crypto Accelerator.
"Increasingly, customers request a single, turnkey solution to secure their devices. Security is no longer solely the concern of large enterprises. Small, medium and midmarket organisations are also placing a significant focus on their cyber security infrastructures," said
Enhanced user experience for Dell Data Protection | Cloud Edition and Dropbox for Business integration
Dell and Dropbox are committed to offering customers simple and secure solutions that help businesses get things done. Today, Dell is excited to announce an update to its initial integration of Dell Data Protection| Cloud Edition and Dropbox for Business. With this new version, DDP|CE customers now enjoy the key features and functionality currently offered in Dropbox for Business while maintaining compliance requirements. A few of the features enabled in this update include:
* Separation of personal and work data – Dell Data Protection| Cloud Edition now allows users to access both their personal account and their business account within any Dropbox application. DDP|CE ensures company files are properly managed and secured while not disrupting the end-user's productivity and encrypts only sensitive company data, not personal files. IT can now also educate users on proper security precautions by issuing an automatic alert to the user when business files are placed in a personal folder.
* Simple, safe and available on the go – The integration of Dell Data Protection| Cloud Edition will now allow Dropbox users to utilise the popular one-click sharing capability, while maintaining file-level encryption. Also, employees will now be able to open encrypted files through the Dropbox app on both Android and iOS devices.
* Remote wipe – In addition to using the Dropbox for Business admin console, DDP|CE customers can now complete a remote wipe from the centralised DDP|CE admin console.
Sleek and secure commercial endpoint devices
Dell is committed to providing customers with secure, manageable and reliable endpoint devices to meet the unique needs of their workforces. The sleek OptiPlex 9030 All-in-One, the industry's most secure PC, provides comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and delivers an additional layer of data protection with secure credential storage via the Trusted Platform Module (TPM). For physical security, the OptiPlex 9030 All-in-One has lock slot support, a lockable port cover and chassis intrusion detection.
Additionally, for users and customers who choose to secure their apps and content in the data centre, Dell offers the choice of desktop virtualisation. Introduced last month, the Dell Wyse 5000 series All-in-One thin client, 7000 series quad-display thin client and Xenith 3 zero client (http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/wyse-xenith-class/pd) for ultimate in security, manageability and reliability. Dell also announced its first functionality updates to the Wyse Cloud Connect personal cloud access device, enabling enterprise-level security and manageability in a form factor slightly larger than a USB stick to give businesses a compelling new mobility option to enhance user productivity without sacrificing IT control and manageability.
Industry's first FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certification
Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) are developed by the United States federal government (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government) for the validation and evaluation and security of software and hardware – a standard that is becoming increasingly important, even outside of
Dell is the only vendor to have achieved this level of certification for a commercially available system disk encryption solution.
Dell Data Protection| Hardware Crypto Accelerator converts the hard drive of select Dell Latitude notebooks, OptiPlex desktops and Precision workstations into fast (three gigabits-per-second), self-encrypting, tamper-resistant devices. While HCA completely eliminates the need to purchase separate self-encrypting drives (SED), it also uniquely operates without sacrificing system performance or disrupting existing IT processes.
By architecting security solutions that have common DNA from the end-user device to the data centre to the cloud, Dell is committed to a connected, holistic security approach that is more efficient, secure and easily adopted to work with business, not against it.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Dollar Tree Falls in Q2
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree