The company said it has kept its dividend policy under review in recent years and has considered it "prudent" not to declare interim or final dividends as it sought to reduce its level of gearing. However, it said in light of its "solid performance" in the recent year and lower bank debt, it will pay a final dividend of 0.75p per share for the year. Net debt fell to
In addition, the group said its recent results were unaffected by exceptional items or by discounted operations. In the previous year expectations items of
Post the year-end, the company launched a new trading division, Vantage Point Media, which will provide aerial surveys of buildings and roofs using remote-controlled hexacopter drones. A hexacopter is an unmanned aircraft system with six rotor blades that is fitted with a camera used to gather footage that would be difficult or impossible to film from the ground.
"This is an excellent example of how we are prepared to adapt new technologies and work together to provide innovative solutions for our clients,"
"The last year has seen a marked improvement in the performance of our business, which I believe is a response to the hard work of our staff and the careful prioritisation of resources during a period of bleak economic conditions," Executive Chairman
"The group is now well placed to take advantage of opportunities as and when they arise, both through organic growth and bolt-on acquisitions," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day