In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 9.86 points, or 0.06 percent, from Wednesday to 15,379.83. Meanwhile, the broader
The market was top-heavy ahead of the release of closely-watched U.S. employment data for June later in the day. Major gainers included mining, nonferrous metal as well as glass and ceramics shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges