New Immunoglobulins Study Results Reported from UPMC [Investigating the Kinetics of Antibody Adsorption onto Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Modified with Gold Nanoparticles in Flow Microchannel]
Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from UPMC, "The set-up configuration using a homemade current-to-voltage converter has been developed for fast monitoring of biomolecule adsorption without direct electrical contact of microelectrodes with the microchannel flow. The change in the interfacial admittance, related to the output voltage measured through the microchip, during antibody incubation, gives information on the kinetics involved while antibodies are adsorbed at the interface. An example of adsorption on PET modified with gold NPS was taken."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Experimental data were fit with the Langmuir equation and a good correlation was obtained with this latter, where the equilibrium constant, K, was found as 1.55 x 10(8) M-1 with a limit of detection for antibody concentration without depletion equal to 8.25 nM."
For more information on this research see: Investigating the Kinetics of Antibody Adsorption onto Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Modified with Gold Nanoparticles in Flow Microchannel.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting M. Kechadi, UPMC, Lab Physiol Cellulaire & Mol Plantes, UR 5, F-75005
Keywords for this news article include: Antibodies,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy