THE Ghana Interbank Payment Systems (GhIPSS) is introducing a new payment system it says will enable money transferred from one account to another reflect instantly.
The GhIPSS said it has already completed its end of the process of electronic payment system.
Chief Executive of GhIPSS,
With the introduction of services such as the instant payment, and the roll out of Point of Sales terminals, which significantly improves people's access to their monies at the banks, it is anticipated that the unbanked population will significantly reduce over time, according to him.
Currently, transfers from one account to the other take at least three hours.
It can take up to 24 hours.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8