Toughened encryption at Outlook and Microsoft OneDrive online "cloud" data storage service came less than a month after the technology company scored badly in a
"We are in the midst of a comprehensive engineering effort to strengthen encryption across our networks and services,"
"This effort also helps us reinforce that governments use appropriate legal processes, not technical brute force, if they want access to that data."
US Internet firms are eager to fend off privacy concerns provoked by US online spying tactics exposed by former intelligence agency contractor
A test version of a software tool called "End-to-End" was released so Internet engineers can dabble with making mini-programs that plug into Chrome browser and encrypt Gmail messages in ways that shield them from eyes of everyone except senders and recipients.
In a move that put pressure other services,
Source: AFP via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy