Toughened encryption at Outlook and Microsoft OneDrive online "cloud" data storage service came less than a month after the technology company scored badly in a
"We are in the midst of a comprehensive engineering effort to strengthen encryption across our networks and services,"
"This effort also helps us reinforce that governments use appropriate legal processes, not technical brute force, if they want access to that data."
US Internet firms are eager to fend off privacy concerns provoked by US online spying tactics exposed by former intelligence agency contractor
A test version of a software tool called "End-to-End" was released so Internet engineers can dabble with making mini-programs that plug into Chrome browser and encrypt Gmail messages in ways that shield them from eyes of everyone except senders and recipients.
In a move that put pressure other services,
Source: AFP via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free