The early strength on
ADP said employment in the private sector surged up by 281,000 jobs in June following an increase of 179,000 jobs in May. Economists had been expecting employment to climb by about 205,000 jobs.
While the data has generated some optimism about the
Gold and steel stocks are seeing some strength in early trading, although weakness among airline and utilities stocks has helped to limit the upside for the markets.
The major averages have moved roughly sideways in recent trading, hovering just above the unchanged line. The Dow is up 10.28 points or 0.1% at 16,966.35, the Nasdaq is up 2.50 points or 0.1% at 4,461.15 and the S&P 500 is up 0.21 points or less than 0.1% at 1,973.53.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel