NEW YORK (AP) — CBS says Jennifer Love Hewitt is joining the cast of "Criminal Minds" this fall.
She will play Kate Callahan, a seasoned undercover agent whose superior work at the FBI has earned her a place in the Behavioral Analysis Unit.
Hewitt is returning to series TV after five seasons starring on CBS' "Ghost Whisperer," which aired from 2005 to 2010. Before that, she was in the ensemble of the Fox drama "Party of Five." Her films include "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and its sequel.
CBS says her "Criminal Minds" character will be introduced in the series' 10th season premiere, set to air Oct. 1.
The "Criminal Minds" cast also includes Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Shemar Moore and A.J. Cook.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World