The benchmark BSE Sensex is currently up 227.58 points or 0.89% at 25,743 and the Nifty 50 is up 65.30 points or 0.86 at 7,700.
The rupee climbed on Tuesday after the government hiked fuel and LPG prices to ease subsidy burden.
Against the greenback, the rupee rose to nearly a 2-week high of 59.8700. At yesterday's close, the rupee was trading at 59.9300 against the greenback.
If the rupee extends its gain, it may find resistance around the 58.98 region.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review