Amazon has entered into a joint venture agreement with
Catamaran will have a majority stake in the JV, which will be called Taurus Business and Trade Services.
Catamaran and Amazon Asia formalised the partnership to help offline sellers and SMBs to take advantage of the potential of the fast-growing online customer base in the country.
This agreement is a prelude to Amazon's plan to launch a pure-play marketplace in
The BJP government put the proposals for FDI in the multi-brand retail sector on hold, which is unlikely to consider the proposal to open up e-commerce.
The exact nature of the joint venture is not known, it is expected to train small businesses to sell online and expand business. Amazon has an operational base in
The entity is operational across major cities and towns to train SMB sellers in online tools and help them gain a larger customer audience for their existing merchandise and develop other offerings that will increase revenues for SMB retailers in
Catamaran invests in ideas at stages of evolution, including startups, mature companies and listed companies with varying degrees of ownership.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)