"The G20 has made the promotion of infrastructure investment one of its top priorities for 2014, and institutional investors have been strong supporters of this effort," said
The top 10 impediments identified by the IIF include:
1. Underdeveloped infrastructure asset class.
2. Lack of transparency and information flow.
3. Mismatch between available infrastructure investment options and investors' risk profile.
4. Policy uncertainty (including concerns about investor/creditor rights).
5. Banking sector adjustments (both regulatory and industry developments).
6. Lack of alignment between long-term investors' risk profile and policy measures designed to encourage investment.
7. High capital charges on infrastructure investment.
8. Short-term focus of institutional investors, prompted in part by certain regulatory policies and initiatives
9. Lack of standardization in debt instruments.
10. Underdeveloped capital markets.
Key recommendations include:
* Build a transparent and tradable infrastructure market, with a spectrum of investment vehicles comprising a defined asset class.
* Increase access to information on infrastructure investments to facilitate data collection and promote harmonization and standardization.
* Provide a supportive regulatory framework that avoids disincentives to long-term investment.
[Category: Financial Services]
TNS 24HariCha-140702-30FurigayJane-4785789 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad