"The G20 has made the promotion of infrastructure investment one of its top priorities for 2014, and institutional investors have been strong supporters of this effort," said
The top 10 impediments identified by the IIF include:
1. Underdeveloped infrastructure asset class.
2. Lack of transparency and information flow.
3. Mismatch between available infrastructure investment options and investors' risk profile.
4. Policy uncertainty (including concerns about investor/creditor rights).
5. Banking sector adjustments (both regulatory and industry developments).
6. Lack of alignment between long-term investors' risk profile and policy measures designed to encourage investment.
7. High capital charges on infrastructure investment.
8. Short-term focus of institutional investors, prompted in part by certain regulatory policies and initiatives
9. Lack of standardization in debt instruments.
10. Underdeveloped capital markets.
Key recommendations include:
* Build a transparent and tradable infrastructure market, with a spectrum of investment vehicles comprising a defined asset class.
* Increase access to information on infrastructure investments to facilitate data collection and promote harmonization and standardization.
* Provide a supportive regulatory framework that avoids disincentives to long-term investment.
[Category: Financial Services]
TNS 24HariCha-140702-30FurigayJane-4785789 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say