Genedata develops and markets software solutions for the statistical analysis and scientific interpretation of extremely large biological datasets. They analyze data that requires immense throughput, such as typically found within the pharmaceutical, industrial, biotechnological and agro biotechnological worlds. Companies within those fields use Genedata's software systems in their R&D processes to identify causes of diseases, profile molecules for their mode of action, stratify patient populations or select the best strain for production or breeding.
"When analyzing RNA/DNA data, the typical bottleneck within the data processing pipeline is the IO bandwidth of the mapped short read from disk. A single patient sample may easily reach hundreds of gigabytes per sample and has to be passed through several times during statistical analysis," commented Dr.
"We are delighted that Gendata has chosen
Supplying 19 of the top 20 pharmaceutical and 5 out of the top 6 agro-biotechnological companies, Genedata's software solution is well known for its scalability and high performance. Choosing Panasas ActiveStor® 14 ensures they can stay ahead of the curve by exploiting its flexible capacity upgrade allowing Genedata to react to new customer projects, helping save money and time.
For more information on
Keywords for this news article include: Software,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million