The firm which is licenced by the Central Bank of
Speaking at the event, the Managing Director, Remita Mr.
He also put the monthly flow of funds through the firm's electronic payment system at over N500 billion.
According to him, apart from providing e-payment, e- collections, e-payroll and e-schedules on a single platform, Remita offers users the ability to view balances across different bank accounts on a single screen.
The firm also empowers billers and collectors to receive payments from customers through seven different channels into a single account with zero need for reconciliation.
On what aided the growth of the firm, Obaro said: "In 2008 the late YarAdua mandated government agencies to begin to use electronic payments that lifted us up and create more awareness for us and it has also helped this economy.
"We also do a lot with the state governments and we cover different segments of government businesses. Of course we have the corporate, small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) and individual payments. I would say more come from the state government put together and then of course the federal government."
Asides from its core areas, the managing director noted that the firm is looking to attract operators in the SMEs sub-sectors, corporate and individual clients.
Speaking on the advantages of the firm's products, he said: "All the banks have payment platforms but what we offer is convenience. With this you can keep track across all the banks for individuals with different bank account and what we have done is to create an interface that cost through all the banks."
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season