Payroll processor ADP said employment in the private sector surged up by 281,000 jobs in June following an increase of 179,000 jobs in May.
It will take more good news from the jobs market to change expectations that the Federal Reserve will keep its benchmark interest at zero for another year.
At the same time, upbeat economic data from the
The dollar dropped to
The buck was able to steady near
Producer prices in the euro area declined at a slower pace for the second straight month in May, in line with the expectations of economists, figures from Eurostat showed Wednesday.
Industrial producer prices in the domestic market dropped 1.0% year-on-year in May, slower than April's 1.2% decline, in line with economists' expectations.
The dollar was slightly stronger at
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)