The U.S. dollar traded narrowly around the mid-101 yen zone in cautious
The euro was quoted at
The dollar drifted higher against the yen in the morning after reports released overnight showed the U.S. manufacturing sector expanded for the 13th straight month in June, though at a slower pace than the previous month, and new car sales increased 1.2 percent in June from a year earlier.
But the greenback lacked traction as it met resistance in the upper
"Economic data due later Wednesday such as the ADP report are the focus," he said, referring to
Also later Wednesday, U.S. Federal Reserve chief
"Yellen is unlikely to shift to a hawkish stance on raising interest rates in view of the recent (mixed) economic data, so I don't expect the dollar to gain much against the yen even after she speaks," said
The euro traded narrowly against the dollar and the yen Wednesday, a day before the
The ECB is expected to stand pat on policy after unveiling unprecedented easing measures including a negative deposit rate at its June meeting, but any hints of further action from ECB President
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia