"The campaign is intended to enlighten depositors and the public generally about their rights and the different bank products,"
Most bank clients do not know their rights and even when they are abused they do not know that there is a window through which they can seek redress.
"It is important for the central bank to keep a close eye on the industry because some players might have other intentions which are different from government's objective of promoting financial inclusion and economic transformation," a sector observer told Business Times.
He also noted that it is important for the public to understand the benefits of being part of the growing financial industry so as to save with banks.
According to Eric Rwigamba, the director of financial sector development at the
He said this will help increase bank deposits and boost lending to the private sector and hence sustainable growth.
Last year, the
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day