The Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi) group has partnered with Opportunity bank to boost 3,000 coffee farmers in Mubende, Mityana and Masaka districts with a project worth Shs 1.4bn.
Through their umbrella body,
According to officials of the bank and aBi group, a mobile money platform is to be created, through which loans will be disbursed to the farmers. Farmers will use the same channel on their mobile phones to access vital market information and for servicing the loans.
Speaking at the signing the deal on Monday, aBi acting Chief Executive Officer
ABi group has offered a grant of Shs 830 million for the project, expected to increase coffee production and improve farmer skills in good agriculture practices.
ABi Group Communications Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013