The Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi) group has partnered with Opportunity bank to boost 3,000 coffee farmers in Mubende, Mityana and Masaka districts with a project worth Shs 1.4bn.
Through their umbrella body,
According to officials of the bank and aBi group, a mobile money platform is to be created, through which loans will be disbursed to the farmers. Farmers will use the same channel on their mobile phones to access vital market information and for servicing the loans.
Speaking at the signing the deal on Monday, aBi acting Chief Executive Officer
ABi group has offered a grant of Shs 830 million for the project, expected to increase coffee production and improve farmer skills in good agriculture practices.
ABi Group Communications Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid