The sukuk al wakala-murabaha was heavily oversubscribed, with value of subscription reaching
The issuance was through the bank's leasing subsidiary, Bereket Varlik Kiralama, while the obliger is
The issue rated BB by Standard & Poors, is listed on the
Many banks, financial institutions and investment funds from different main world financial centres participated in the issue with 61pc of them being from
The joint lead managers of the issue were
In terms of investors, 80pc were banks and financial institutions, 8pc funds, 6pc hedge funds and 6pc agencies.
"We are delighted at the success of the sukuk, given the prevailing fluctuations in financial markets and world economic conditions," Al
"This endorses the strength of the position and reputation of
Last year, the bank expanded its investment and financing portfolio.
As a result, Al Baraka Turk's total operating income increased by 35pc to
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones