An initiative to decrease hospital re-admissions for heart failure patients, a program offering need-based fee assistance for childbirth classes, a community outreach smoking cessation program and an annual symposium that updates medical teams on advances into cancer care are among 61
This year's grants were awarded through the organization's 2014-15 budget and other funding sources, according to
"We are proud to support Upstate in its overall mission of improving the health of the communities it serves," said York.
In addition to the
The Advocates' generate revenue through several means. In addition to Mystery, Malt and Merlot and its annual Fall Swing Golf Tournament, it receives commission from contracts for hospital services, such as
The Advocates also sponsor several projects, including hospital-based blood drives and blood pressure screenings. Its scholarship program benefits Upstate employees and adult volunteers who are pursuing studies in an accredited institution in any health-related field.
"We are a membership organization of volunteers who serve Upstate and its campuses through direct service projects to improve and enhance patient care and through fund raising projects to provide funds in support of patient care enhancement and education," said York. "We invite anyone who is interested in joining our organization, to give us a call."
To learn more about the Advocates or to join, contact York at 464-5610.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140703-4786611 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy