Washington (EFE).- Colombian singer Shakira became the undisputed queen of social networks this week by winning over 100 million "likes" on Facebook.
The Barranquilla native became the first person to attract that record number and expressed gratitude for the support received with a message posted on her profile.
"One hundred million fans on Facebook! I mean that is incredible. Thank you so much for your support, for your loyalty, for your love. It's really unbelievable, thank you so much," she said emotionally on a homemade video in both English and Spanish.
Her communications team also made a video in honor of this milestone with a review of the best moments the Colombian has shared with her fans on Facebook.
To celebrate the fact that "Shak" is the first person to reach 100 million likes on Facebook, they said, they made a video that includes a review of all her years on that platform.
The 37-year-old songstress is one of the most active artists on the Internet and uses social networks very astutely, posting moments from her life, her new songs and the work she does for humanitarian causes. EFE
(c) 2014 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Original headline: Shakira takes Facebook by storm with over 100 mn "likes"
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal