The ECNEC considered and approved construction of marine related infrastructure for 6600 MW Pakistan Power Park project at Gaddani,
The major scope of project includes marine works including two breakwaters each measuring 3.5 km and 1100 m long jetties/ berths for receiving ships of sizes 40,000 DWT to 210000 DWT including floating jetty for anchoring small boats/ tug boats, provision of cooling water facilities and other related infrastructure. The project will be completed in 42 months.
While approving the project in principle, the Finance Minister directed Secretary Planning and Development for further rationalizing of the project cost. He emphasized that it is the responsibility of Planning and Development to make sure that the calculations should be factual, nearest and remain the same till completion.
ECNEC also considered and approved Greater Karachi Water Supply scheme K-IV (Phase I)-260 MGD from the east bank of
The project has been designed with a total capacity of 650 MGD (million gallons per day) to meet the water demand of the 18.5 million inhabitants of
The Finance Minister said that the Prime Minister during his recent visit to
The meeting was attended by Mr.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine