Meet the latest share tipster:
Alongside her Tuesday appearance, the Fed announced that "valuation metrics in some sectors do appear substantially stretched - particularly those for smaller firms in the social media and biotechnology industries".
Which translated as "sell tech shares" as far as the market was concerned, and the likes of Twitter and
But there came another Yellen testimony on Wednesday, when she said the Fed did not have a target for equity values and instead looked at how they compared with historical performance. "In that sense, I am not seeing alarming warning signals," she said. Cue recovery (although with the Malaysian plane tragedy this did not last long).
Yellen: no alarming warning signals.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery