In 2006, CFA approved the site location, which will be on the grounds of the Lincoln Memorial. At that time, the authorizing legislation for the Education Center stipulated that the facility would be constructed underground.
After the site approval, CFA developed design guidelines for the Education Center itself, with the intent to minimize visual obstructions to other historically significant sites on the
Throughout the process, VVMF's architectural firm,
"We are incredibly pleased that the commission granted us this approval and we greatly appreciate the staff working with us to get us to this point. We look forward to seeing the Center through the final stages as we move onward to construction," said
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row