In 2006, CFA approved the site location, which will be on the grounds of the Lincoln Memorial. At that time, the authorizing legislation for the Education Center stipulated that the facility would be constructed underground.
After the site approval, CFA developed design guidelines for the Education Center itself, with the intent to minimize visual obstructions to other historically significant sites on the
Throughout the process, VVMF's architectural firm,
"We are incredibly pleased that the commission granted us this approval and we greatly appreciate the staff working with us to get us to this point. We look forward to seeing the Center through the final stages as we move onward to construction," said
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor