In 2006, CFA approved the site location, which will be on the grounds of the Lincoln Memorial. At that time, the authorizing legislation for the Education Center stipulated that the facility would be constructed underground.
After the site approval, CFA developed design guidelines for the Education Center itself, with the intent to minimize visual obstructions to other historically significant sites on the
Throughout the process, VVMF's architectural firm,
"We are incredibly pleased that the commission granted us this approval and we greatly appreciate the staff working with us to get us to this point. We look forward to seeing the Center through the final stages as we move onward to construction," said
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery