In a speech on the House floor this morning, U.S. Representative
"Roads create jobs. Investing in our roads, investing in our bridges create not only construction jobs but also grow the economy by ensuring reliable interstate commerce and travel. ... A robust mining industry is not only good for miners and their families but good for the businesses who depend on these workers to buy goods and services and good for the communities who depend on those tax dollars," Rep. Capito said.
Please click here to watch Rep. Capito's remarks.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFls3yTAKls&feature=youtu.be
The full transcript is below.
"This week, we took steps in the House to invest in our infrastructure and our domestic energy production, actions that will help create and sustain American jobs.
"On Tuesday, we passed a bill in the House to invest in and rehabilitate our nation's infrastructure. Roads create jobs. Investing in our roads, investing in our bridges create not only construction jobs but also grow the economy by ensuring reliable interstate commerce and travel.
"I've seen firsthand the difference that good infrastructure can make, whether it's in
"Yesterday, my bill, the Coal Jobs Protection Act, passed in the
"Investing in our roads and energy production will create more prosperous times for my state,
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140718-4801576 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English