As-reported results are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and comprise operational earnings and special items. Special items in second quarter 2014 were related to the planned closure of the
The second quarter 2014 operational earnings improvement was due to higher earnings at
Entergy Wholesale Commodities The quarter-over-quarter operational earnings increase for
Utility At Utility, net revenue increased due primarily to price factors related to rate actions. On a volume basis, higher weather-adjusted sales, particularly in sales to industrial customers, was offset by milder weather. Utility results also included lower non-fuel operation and maintenance expense. Offsetting factors included an increase in depreciation expense and a higher effective income tax rate, resulting in operational earnings largely unchanged from second quarter 2013.
Parent & Other Parent & Other s operational results were essentially flat versus the second quarter of last year. No individual item was significant.
Most Popular Stories
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board