The media-shy Canakci was appointed to the treasury's top post in May, 2003, and built a reputation among investors as a quiet anchor of stability, helping to bolster
The treasury said Canakci had been appointed an executive director at the IMF and would be
The executive board is responsible for the day-to-day business of the IMF. It is composed of 24 directors, appointed or elected by member countries, and the managing director, who serves as its chairman, according to the IMF website.
12:35 LOCAL TIME
All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy