The Subcommittees on Communications and Technology and Health today held a joint hearing to discuss how the intersection of technology and health care in the 21st century can accelerate the #Path2Cures. Members heard from experts in both the health and technology fields regarding opportunities for the health care industry to embrace advances in technology. This collaboration, a goal of 21st Century Cures, aims to bring patients, researchers, and doctors together to improve both patient care and the development, discovery, and delivery cycle of new treatments.
"From electronic health records to cloud storage of genome research and apps that identify preventive health strategies, we are looking at the future of medicine," said full committee Chairman
"This is an opportunity to recognize the benefits wireless smartphones and devices can provide to improve an individual's health and the health care community. We have seen examples of this intersection already, from wearable devices that track activity, to the use of mobile apps reminding users of their individual health needs, to a patient's ability to easily and remotely communicate with their doctor through a telehealth device," added Communications and Technology Subcommittee Chairman
Health Subcommittee Chairman
Niloff discussed with Rep.
TNS 30FurigayJof-140718-4801138 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry