The Dow Jones industrial average rose 123 points, or 0.7 percent, to 17,097 Friday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 20 points, or 1 percent, to 1,978. The Nasdaq composite rose 68 points, or 1.6 percent, to 4,432.
Markets recovered a day after being rattled by the downing of a passenger jet over eastern
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.48 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine