Allows Customers to Securely Integrate Data Across Hadoop, NoSQL, and Oracle Database Using SQL
Organizations are looking for innovative ways to manage more data from more sources than ever before. Although technologies like Hadoop and NoSQL offer specific ways of addressing big data problems, they can introduce data silos that complicate the data access and analysis needed to generate critical insights. To maximize the value from information and deliver on the promise of big data, companies need to evolve their data management architecture into a big data management system that seamlessly integrates all types of data from a variety of sources, including Hadoop, relational, and NoSQL. While simplifying access to all data, a big data management system should also enable organizations to leverage existing skills and maintain enterprise-grade data security and governance for sensitive or regulated information.
To address organizations' need for comprehensive big data solutions,
Oracle Big Data SQL runs on Oracle Big Data Appliance and can work in conjunction with Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
By connecting proven technologies and simplifying information access through industry-standard SQL, Oracle Big Data SQL enables organizations to look across all enterprise data and uncover insights faster, which can help to transform their business.
With a unique architecture and Smart Scan technology inherited from Oracle Exadata, Oracle Big Data SQL can query all forms of structured and unstructured data while minimizing data movement, enabling dramatically faster analysis for data distributed across Hadoop, NoSQL, and Oracle Database.
This approach also enables organizations to leverage existing SQL skills without investing in costly new talent and helps to maximize the potential of existing technology investments.
With Oracle Big Data SQL, Oracle Database security capabilities, including an organization's existing security policies, are now extended to Hadoop and NoSQL data.
Oracle Big Data SQL is scheduled for general availability in Q3 of CY2014.
Discover and Predict Fast
• By leveraging SQL to query and analyze data across their entire range of data management systems, organizations no longer have to copy and move data between platforms, analyze with a MapReduce-powered language, or construct separate queries for each platform and then figure out how to connect the results.
• Smart Scan technology, inherited from Oracle Exadata, executes locally to intelligently find the data needed for a given query, minimizing data movement and increasing performance.
• Oracle Big Data SQL provides popular SQL-based business intelligence tools and applications with easier access to Hadoop and NoSQL data sources, outside of the traditional data warehouse, speeding discovery and operationalization of big data insights without changes to existing applications and tools.
• Bringing big data into the enterprise requires new technologies, languages, and skills.
• By extending SQL across the entire enterprise data ecosystem, organizations can use existing SQL skills to uncover and analyze all data.
• Integration with
Govern and Secure
• Oracle Big Data Appliance includes comprehensive data encryption capabilities for protecting data privacy and meeting regulatory requirements. With data at rest and network encryption capabilities, sensitive and regulated information stored on Oracle Big Data Appliance is protected against theft and unauthorized access. Oracle Big Data Appliance also includes enterprise-grade authentication (Kerberos), authorization (LDAP and Apache Sentry project), and auditing (Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall) that can be automatically set up on installation, greatly simplifying the process of hardening Hadoop.
• To further ensure organizations can realize the benefits of big data without compromising data governance, Oracle Big Data SQL extends the advanced security capabilities of Oracle Database to Hadoop and NoSQL data. With Oracle Big Data SQL, customers can take advantage of proven Oracle Database security solutions for data redaction, privilege analysis, and strong controls that limit privileged user access to data.
• With Oracle Big Data SQL, customers can now apply existing security policies to data in Hadoop and NoSQL, extending enterprise governance and security for sensitive and regulated data in the enterprise.
• "As organizations increasingly use diverse data sources beyond relational databases, such as Hadoop and NoSQL, data is becoming more and more siloed—hampering data analysis and insights and limiting the true potential of big data," said
• "Oracle Big Data Appliance is an excellent choice for customers looking to work with the full suite of
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey