The company received the "Judges Award" for its social inclusion and responsibility. According to the award organisers, "Movitel's strategy in
According to the judges, "this is a unique strategy of investing in large, greenfield networks to cover the entire country, including rural and remote areas which will lead to sustainable social development that not only benefits the community but also widens Movitel's customer base".
Movitel states that it has built a network infrastructure of 2,800 towers, 25,000 kilometres of fibre optic cable and a supply chain to every village through 153 shops, 12,600 agents and points of sales and nearly 4,000 direct sales staff to cover services to 85 per cent of the rural population and more than 70 per cent of all the population.
The majority shareholder in Movitel, with 70 per cent, is the Vietnamese company
There are two other mobile phone operators in
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say